Saturday, October 22, 2011

Reading now...comments to follow

The Girl of His Dreams by Donna Leon. A Commisserio Burnetti mystery that takes place in Venice. As usual, my favorite parts of this book is Burnetti's home life with his wife and children. I also love hearing his movements through this city on water with the long lunches (with wine) and espressos in between as well as the Prosecco in the evening with dinner.

Listening to the audio of Too Much Happiness by Alice Munro. I can't believe these are the first Alice Munro stories I've experienced. I have listened to one whole story and am on the second one.  I may need to get the book to read since these stories are meant to take completely in during one sitting. Amazing. The first one, "Dimensions", is about a young woman moving forward from a horrific occurrence in her life. The unfolding of her story was perfect even if I could see it coming, I felt denial of the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment