Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I'm Over All That and Other Confessions by Shirley MacLaine

I finished reading this book from the library over the weekend, well, kind of finished it.  I read parts of this book.  When she would get into the New Age stuff I would start skimming. But I must say, she has lived such an interesting life. Her courage and determined independence is very admirable and really such a role model. I also love that she is over sex at her age and is looking for companionship.  She has had such interesting love affairs including the her long marriage. I also love that her best companion is her dog Terry (love the name).

If one is into New Age thought, Shirley is a very good resource for this information. She is very sincere and knowledgeable. My reaction is kind of interesting.  I am a bit repelled by reading and talking about it.  BUT, I have incorporated many principles that Ms. MacLaine talks about into my own belief system. I am simply not interested in studying this particular subject right now.  I believe in reincarnation but not in the same way she sees it. I do know of the power of nature, power of minerals and colors (look at my jewelry).

No comments:

Post a Comment