Friday, August 19, 2011

The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson

This is a sequel to 13 Little Blue Envelopes and I loved it! I think I love this book and the first book because it is about a high school girl (yes it is a teen novel) who finds her own power and her own mind/gumption etc. I like it since it took me 'til I was 30 to do what she does in this novel. The Last Little Blue Envelope takes place 6 months after the first novel ends. And the existence of this book is in itself, a bit of a spoiler. Once again Ginny's aunt who dies of brain cancer, is directing her through Europe on an artistic scavenger hunt.  The last one proved to enrich Ginny both exponentially and financially. The book, which I am 60 % through (on my Kindle, hence the %) is funny yet emotionally satisfying.  Update: having finished the book I must add that Ginny's journey also shows her who is worth her love and regard and who is not. Ginny also gains an inkling of her own voice as an artist and grows to know herself in relation to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment